The Quantra™ system provides rapid, comprehensive measurement of vital coagulation parameters at the point of care, enabling clinicians to choose the right treatment at the right time.
Actionable Results in the Critical Care Setting
The Quantra is a rapid, easy-to-use diagnostic instrument that utilizes consumable cartridges to run a panel of tests. The initial surgical cartridge assay measures the treatable aspects of hemostasis in 15 minutes, achieving the goal of the STS/SCA guidelines.
The Quantra is:
The Quantra provides clinicians with the information they need to make more rapid and targeted transfusion decisions.
- Anesthesia & Analgesia Profiles Quantra’s SEER Technology in Article of the Month and Podcast
- Abstract on SEER Technology to be Presented at PGA
- HemoSonics’ Groundbreaking System for the Management of Critical Bleeding Presented in Four Articles in Anesthesia & Analgesia
- Introduction to Quantra™ Published in Anesthesia and Analgesia
Studies show that use of comprehensive point-of-care coagulation testing in surgical settings leads to:
Improved clinical outcomes
- Reduced transfusions
- Fewer complications
Reduced cost of care
- Lower blood product utilization
- Shorter inpatient stays
The Quantra is a flexible platform on which a variety of assays can be run. The consumable cartridge has multiple wells in which any dried reagent can be placed, enabling rapid development of new assays. We are developing a growing library of cartridges that address various aspects of coagulation.
Our initial Surgical Cartridge measures the functional activity of the individual coagulation components as well as the quality of the resultant blood clot. It provides all of the critical information necessary to rapidly assess and address surgical and post-surgical bleeding. It is intended for baseline pre-operative and peri-operative measurements in the OR and for post-operative measurements in the ICU.
HemoSonics is committed to rapidly developing new cartridges to support clinician needs. Because of the system design, novel assays can easily be developed to address new therapeutic options or clinical questions.
* The products described on this website are not cleared in the USA and are not intended for clinical diagnostic use.