The Quantra™ system characterizes hemostasis by measuring the evolving stiffness of forming blood clots within a consumable test cartridge. The instrument measure stiffness using SEER (Sonic Estimation of Elasticity via Resonance), a next generation sonorheometry method. SEER employs ultrasound to mechanically excite blood within a resonant chamber and to measure the resulting resonance. SEER computes clot stiffness by comparing the resonant waveform to either numerical or analytical models of resonance.
- Anesthesia & Analgesia Profiles Quantra’s SEER Technology in Article of the Month and Podcast
- Abstract on SEER Technology to be Presented at PGA
- HemoSonics’ Groundbreaking System for the Management of Critical Bleeding Presented in Four Articles in Anesthesia & Analgesia
- Introduction to Quantra™ Published in Anesthesia and Analgesia
- Two Abstracts on SEER Technology to be Presented at IARS