Our goal is to improve outcomes and reduce healthcare costs by enabling more targeted transfusion of blood products.
We seek to transform the way clinicians manage coagulation dysfunctions by providing comprehensive, timely information on coagulation status at the point of care. We are developing a next-generation near patient diagnostic platform that provides actionable information to guide the management of critical bleeding. This enables clinicians to choose the right treatment in the right time frame, dramatically improving outcomes. Our innovative in vitro diagnostic platform characterizes hemostasis – the balance between bleeding and clotting – in a variety of acute care clinical settings.
The Quantra* is a rapid, easy-to-use, near patient instrument that fully quantifies the treatable components of coagulation and guides the management of critical bleeding. This platform supports a library of disposable test cartridges that aid in the diagnosis of hemostatic defects and inform appropriate therapy.
* The products described on this website are not cleared in the USA and are not intended for clinical diagnostic use.
HemoSonics has been awarded more than $8 million in grants from the following institutions:
- The National Institutes of Health:
- National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute (NHLBI)
- National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK)
- National Cancer Institute (NCI)
- Department of the Air Force
- The Office of Naval Research
- Commonwealth of Virginia
- The Wallace H. Coulter Foundation for Translational Research
- Anesthesia & Analgesia Profiles Quantra’s SEER Technology in Article of the Month and Podcast
- Abstract on SEER Technology to be Presented at PGA
- HemoSonics’ Groundbreaking System for the Management of Critical Bleeding Presented in Four Articles in Anesthesia & Analgesia
- Introduction to Quantra™ Published in Anesthesia and Analgesia